Monday, April 21, 2014

Progress Post, Stuctural Design



Over the Spring Beak, I have been working on the Structural Ribs design because it is a very important part of my project. I want the Red Hook to be seen from other cities across from Red Hook. Therefore, After looking at some of the precedents and Calatrava's work, I started sketching to come up with a design of the Structural Ribs. I want my Structural Ribs to be attractive and functional. This is the design I chose because it is more practical and it works with my design.   


This is the second sketch and study model which is my favorite too, but I don't want to use it doesn't work with the Balcones of my buildings. 
This is the first sketch and study model of the Structural Ribs.


2 comments:

  1. I like the "expressiveness" in your design process here but your work can go farther. Right now it lacks the excitement of your previous "ribs" and your "collages" I would try and reflect back on your ribs and collages and think about what makes them so interesting and use those insights in your structural rib design.

    Push your design work and keep thinking of ways you can be tie back your work at this stage to your underlying concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see the ribs/structural form the exterior and create the interior spaces. There has to be a relationship between the ribs and the rooms or the terraces...

    ReplyDelete